If you work for a company, organization, or the local or federal government, check with your employer to see if you have the opportunity to participate in a workplace giving program. You may be able to make a recurring tax-deductible donation for Bag It through a payroll deduction.
If your company currently does not participate in a giving campaign, suggest one so that you and your colleagues may show your support for Bag It.
If you work for one of these companies, Bag It has been identified as a recognized nonprofit you can designate as a recipient of your tax-deductible donation:
- American Express
- Arizona State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC)
- Wells Fargo
Many businesses and corporation will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Please check to see if your employer participates in a matching gift program. Companies already providing matching gifts to Bag It include:
- American Express
Host a Fundraiser
Interested in holding an event to benefit Bag It and spread the word? Here are some ideas of past fundraisers:
- Have friends make a contribution to Bag It in honor of your birthday, anniversary, or other life event
- Free dress days at school or dress down days at the office
- Root beer float day or bake sale at the office
- Cocktail parties
- Mahjongg tournaments
- Knitting circles—to provide Chemo Caps for patients in cold winter months
- Host a trivia night
- The options are endless
We are always in need of the items below:
- New laptops, tablets, or iPads
- Soft yarn (like Caron) for Chemo Cap production
- Advertising opportunities
- Copy or filler paper
- Temperature control storage space for our Bag It materials
- Event auction items, such as gift cards for restaurants, salons, hotels and resorts, airline miles, and electronics
- Spanish translation services
You can leave a lasting legacy of support for Bag It through planned giving. By including Bag It in your charitable trust, estate plan, last will and testament, life insurance, or retirement plan, your gift will help us continue to assist cancer patients and their families.
Please contact our Executive Director, Mindy Griffith at (520) 575-9602 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.