Bag It is proud to work with a dedicated team of staff and community volunteers.
Want to get involved? We have a number of programs, so check them out and see what works for you.
Have a new idea for a Bag It fundraiser? We’d love to hear from you! Be sure to contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Lisa Terrazas, for more information.
Ways to Volunteer
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Bag It’s team. Our volunteers include cancer survivors, their families, their friends, and a number of others in the community who have big hearts and a willingness to support individuals diagnosed with cancer.
We provide training based on the opportunities you’re interested in. And bilingual volunteers are always needed.
- Assist with fundraising activities and events in Phoenix, Tucson, and throughout the state
- Serve as an Ambassador in your community
- Be an Ambassador for our many Community Events
- Be an Ambassador Presenter, speaking to other organizations within your community
- Knit or crochet Chemo Caps. You or your sewing circle can help knit or crochet caps for the winter months that we can include in bags for our Bag It patients
- We always need office/business support, including: Public Relations, printing and mailing, typing/data entry, providing leads for grants and sponsorship opportunities, and climate-controlled storage
- Assist in implementing the Bag It program in your community
- Help develop a team of local volunteers who can speak to medical practices, community organizations, and businesses and raise awareness in the community of Bag It cancer resources
Host a Fundraiser
Interested in holding an event to benefit Bag It and spread the word? Here are some ideas of past fundraisers:
- Have friends make a contribution to Bag It in honor of your birthday, anniversary, or other life event
- Free dress days at school or dress down days at the office
- Root beer float day or bake sale at the office
- Cocktail parties
- Mahjongg tournaments
- Knitting circles—to provide Chemo Caps for patients in cold winter months
We are always in need of the items below:
- New laptops, tablets, or iPads
- Soft yarn (like Caron) for Chemo Cap production
- Advertising opportunities
- Copy or filler paper
- Temperature control storage space for our Bag It materials
- Event auction items, such as gift cards for restaurants, salons, hotels and resorts, airline miles, and electronics
- Spanish translation services
Chemo Caps are one of the most requested items! Knit, crochet, sew, or donate yarn or gift cards! We add these caps to our shipments for the winter months.
- Chemo Cap creators
- Yarn: 100% cotton, silk, or a blend is best. A soft acrylic, fleece, or blend (Caron soft yarn or similar) (No wool or animal hair)
- Any design or color
- Caps and headwraps for men!
When complete, please put each cap in a Ziploc bag with a note that says: Made with care by (your name).
When you have 12+ ready, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Lisa Terrazas, to arrange getting the caps to Bag It.
(520) 575-9602 | email@example.com
Click here for Chemo Cap patterns. You can also search the Internet for Chemo Cap, there are a number of patterns available free of charge.
Ways to Give
From shopping to workplace matching to planned giving, there are a number of ways to give to Bag It!